Clearing land is a fundamental step when kick-starting a new project. Also called Forestry Mulching. It prepares your property for development and extended use by removing underbrush, unwanted vegetation, tree stumps and dead trees. The site is ready for new use, such as farming, construction or landscape development.
What Is Forestry Mulching?
Forestry mulching involves removing unwanted vegetation with a single machine that cuts, chops and shreds the material into particles that can be used as mulch. Often, mulch is left on-site after land clearing because it adds nutrients to soils, retards erosion and protects the remaining vegetation from excessive cold or heat.
A professional lot-clearing company has the equipment required to clear land efficiently and safely. Mulching equipment can operate in many environments, such as steep slopes, wet soil and snow. This machinery eliminates the need for other heavy equipment, such as bulldozers, wood chippers and hauling trucks, that can damage property.
Forestry mulching rids the land of invasive species and unhealthy vegetation quickly and efficiently. Forestry mulching converts the removed vegetation into usable organic material that enriches topsoil. Material can also be sorted, leaving desirable mulch and removing undesirable components.
Reasons for Property Clearing
There are many reasons to clear overgrown, wooded land, including aesthetics, safety, site drainage and ease of access.
- Lot clearing adds value to your property by making it more accessible.
- Old or diseased trees present a safety hazard to people, animals and the built environment.
- Clearing wooded land makes your property safer.
- Dense underbrush, old or unhealthy trees or too much vegetation can make your property look shabby and neglected. Property clearing can add street appeal to your home or business.
- Managing vegetation growth helps keep trees and other plants on your property healthy by removing unhealthy vegetation that blocks new growth.
- If you are developing the site, you start with a clean slate. You can see the soils, contours and drainage patterns that affect site use.
Removing unwanted vegetation gives better access to both underground and overhead utilities.
Use an Experienced Professional for Safe Land Clearing
A professional lot-clearing company will be insured and licensed, important certifications that protect you, your property and the work crew. Experienced crews of land-clearing companies like Liscome Tree Service of St. Charles, Missouri, are trained in a variety of tree services.
Founded in 2016 by licensed journeyman Todd Liscome, this family-owned company operates with the values of honesty, integrity and accountability to customers and staff. We believe in communication and providing stellar services that reflect our commitment to our work, our customers and our community. We are proud of the 4.9-star rating of verified reviews. Liscome Tree Service is accredited with the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating.